Professional Standards and Ethics
The Professional Standards and Ethics Committee:
- Provides ongoing counsel to the Council and President as needed, making recommendations for policy when required.
- Issues position papers addressing sections of the AASLH Ethics Statement or related issues. The Committee will act as content and copy editor, and appoint subcommittee members or a volunteer author as appropriate for the task. Such volunteers may or may not be members of the Standing Committee.
- Review and, if necessary, make recommendations to the AASLH Council to revise the AASLH Professional Ethics Statement.
- Staff consult the committee when AASLH considers professional expectations or standards within the field.
- This committee also works with AASLH’s StEPs program; the only national standards program for history organizations.
Nina Zannieri (Chair), Paul Revere Memorial Association (2013-2017)
Bill Adair, Pew Center for Arts & Heritage (2015-2017)
Marian Carpenter, Delaware Division of Historical and Cultural Affairs (2015-2017)
Leigh Grinstead, LYRASIS (2015-2017)
Nicola Longford, Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza (2015-2017)
Donna Sack, Naper Settlement (2013-2017)
Adam Scher, Minnesota Historical Society (2015-2017)
Tobi Voigt, Detroit Historical Society (2015-2017)
Sally Yerkovich, Seton Hall University (2014-2018)
Katherine Kane (Ex Officio), Harriet Beecher Stowe Center
Cherie Cook, AASLH
John Dichtl, AASLH