The 2016 AASLH/MMA Annual Meeting is now open for registration. This year’s Annual Meeting will be held from September 14-17 at the riverfront Cobo Center in Detroit, Michigan. The theme of this year’s conference is “The Spirit of Rebirth.”
A complete schedule with descriptions of sessions, tours, workshops, and evening events can be found in the Preliminary Program.
To see details, prices, and register, visit the Annual Meeting home page. You can also go directly to registration or download a registration form. Not a member, but want to join and get the member discounts on registration? You can join online here or include payment for a membership when you send it the form.
Why attend the AASLH/MMA Annual Meeting?
- Choose from 65 sessions, 12 tours, 8 workshop, and a host of other exciting events such as the Henry Ford Un-Conference, the Muse Cruise, Pop-Up Sessions and Roundtables, and the ultimate history conference improvisational extravaganza: Battledecks.
- Featured speakers this year are historian Tom Sugrue and the Supremes’ Mary Wilson.
- The Cobo Convention Center recently underwent extensive renovations and is one of the top convention centers in the world. It sits along the Detroit River, offering gorgeous views to attendees.
- Detroit itself is a fascinating city rich with history and culture. Check out this recent blog post by 2016 Host Committee member Tobi Voigt on why Detroit is the “perfect laboratory to explore issues of radical change and rebirth.” Then watch this video about the vibrant streets of downtown Detroit.
Need more evidence?
- Read comments from attendees of last year’s AASLH Annual Meeting in Louisville.
- Browse the Storify from last year’s Annual Meeting to see what attendees were saying AT the conference.
Have questions? Tweet @AASLH or email firstname.lastname@example.org.